Author Topic: January 2023 : QE2 in New York, QE2 in Hamburg, QE2 Tandem Crossing  (Read 723 times)

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

The theme for this month's photo competition is "QE2 in New York, QE2 in Hamburg, QE2 Tandem Crossing", chosen by Hamburger.

Photos should be taken during QE2's service life, from within the ship, on deck or from shoreside. Photos should show at least a sliver of QE2.

There are quite a few suitable photos already in the QE2 Story Gallery -- if you would like to use one of those for the competition, just let the Moderators know, and we can enter them for you, without removing them from their original albums.

Your description should if possible give some information about the location of the ship when the photo was taken, and the year.

Photos entered should be your own, or if not, please post them with permission of the photographer, mentioning the name for copyright reasons, and so that the owner can win the prize!

Enjoy the search! It is bound to bring many happy memories :) .

The prize this month is the book "The Story of Saga Rose and Saga Ruby", donated by me.

How to enter

The album is open -- so now is the time to look for your three most interesting pictures on this theme. Wishing you happy memories as you search your photo collection to find up to three pictures to upload to the competition album.

Your description should if possible give some information about the location of the ship when the photo was taken, and the year.

This link will take you straight there : QE2 in New York, QE2 in Hamburg, QE2 Tandem Crossing.

If you have not uploaded photos to the Forum Gallery before, have a look at these instructions, and if you have any problems or would like us to move a photo from the Gallery into the competition, just contact us on admin@theqe2story.com.

If it helps, you could email the photos to the above address, and we shall gladly upload them for you.

The deadline for submitting photos is 31 January 2023. Voting will run from 1 February 2023 until 1 March 2023, until everyone's time zone has caught up with the closing date.

We look forward to seeing your photos in this competition. 

This is the third month of photos for the 2024 calendar. Maybe your photo will figure there!

Enjoy yourselves!  :)
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2023, 12:26 PM by Lynda Bradford »

Online Lynda Bradford

The January theme is a good choice from Hamburger.  I am sure there will be many interesting photos to add to the photo competition gallery album.  The first time I sailed on QE2 it was a transatlantic to NYC and the sail into Manhattan is a treasured memory.  But do I have any good photos?
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

I have never been on a QE2 cruise to Hamburg and was not lucky enough to do the tandem crossings. However I have sailed into New York and from New York on QE2. I uploaded three picture to the competition, not the best of photos but it is the taking part that is important.

If you have photos that meet this month's theme please upload three to the gallery album.
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online cunardqueen

A good topic, but a bad topic if you were ever on QE2 to New York of her Tandem crossings. 
The attached pics, were official photos so alas cant be entered , the bottom pic was taken as we sailed up the Hudson, and is to be fair a bum view... sorry.... 
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Poll for the January photo competition "QE2 Queens Room"

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard Archived Topics (older calendars)

Replies: 27
Views: 4041
Last post Feb 28, 2017, 11:53 PM
by Isabelle Prondzynski
January 2019 : Bon Voyage -- QE2 as she sets sail for another voyage

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Archived Topics (older calendars)

Replies: 4
Views: 1159
Last post Jan 31, 2019, 04:26 PM
by June Ingram
Messages celebrating The QE2 Story's anniversary (25 January 2009)

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard Miscellaneous QE2

Replies: 48
Views: 4609
Last post Jan 26, 2023, 06:32 PM
by Rod
Waverley Presentation - Tuesday 11th January

Started by Clydebuilt1971Board PS Waverley

Replies: 3
Views: 2302
Last post Jan 12, 2011, 09:42 AM
by Alistair
14 January 2006 - QE2 in CuraƧao