Author Topic: QE2 : A 50th Anniversary Celebration, by Chris Frame and Rachelle Cross  (Read 771 times)

Offline Chris Frame

Hello everyone.

I am really excited to share with you the details of our new QE2 book designed to commemorate her 50th anniversary.

The blurb:

Fifty years ago the last British built transatlantic liner was launched. Christened by HM The Queen on 20 September 1967, the 963ft-long vessel was named Queen Elizabeth the Second. By the end of that same day, she was already known by her famous nickname: QE2. Fast, smart and sleek, QE2 sailed over 5.6 million miles and carried more than 2.5 million passengers during a magnificent 39 1/2 year career. Put simply, she carried more people further than any ship before her and remains the longest-serving express liner in history. Through words penned by passionate QE2 travellers and with tribute stories from captains, crew and guests, a wide selection of carefully selected photographs bring this wonderful ship to life.

---

It also includes stories from three of the QE2 Story's moderators - Rob, Lynda and Isabelle.

More details: http://chrisframe.com.au/books

To pre-order: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0750970286/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1483081028&sr=8-5&keywords=QE2&linkCode=sl1&tag=chrcunpag-21&linkId=63ef3ae32cd95079ec7407b2074de6b7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2017, 03:24 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »

Offline Graham Taylor

A new QE2 book
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2017, 01:41 PM »
Can't wait to read it! Just placed pre-order.
« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2017, 01:43 PM by Graham Taylor »
Hotel Officer/Purser 1987-1992

FACEBOOK - www.facebook.com/Graham.Malcolm.Taylor
TWITTER - www.twitter.com/GrahamTaylorUK

Offline Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
Re: A new QE2 book
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2017, 02:47 PM »
Any chance of autographed copies being made available at the conference in September...? :)
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Offline Malcolm

« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2017, 10:37 AM »

Ditto :)

Offline Lynda Bradford

« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2017, 11:07 AM »
Looking forward to ordering my copy  :)
I am proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2017, 05:32 PM »

Ditto too !  :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Offline Malcolm

What's upsetting is that it's not due to be released until August so we've got to wait until then :D

Offline Chris Frame

« Reply #7 on: Jul 26, 2017, 03:00 AM »

Thanks so much for the support Graham  :D

Offline Chris Frame

« Reply #8 on: Jul 26, 2017, 03:01 AM »
Any chance of autographed copies being made available at the conference in September...? :)

The conference organisers are very kindly working with our publisher to get some flyers at the event for people to get easy access to the book.

Offline Chris Frame

« Reply #9 on: Jul 26, 2017, 03:01 AM »

Offline Chris Frame

« Reply #10 on: Jul 26, 2017, 03:02 AM »

Loved your story in the book Lynda - can't wait to hear what you think of the finished product!

Offline Chris Frame

« Reply #11 on: Jul 26, 2017, 03:02 AM »

Offline Chris Frame

This is the jacket cover of the special edition version of the book.
It's available in two versions - standard edition and limited edition which includes a few extras including post cards, a book mark and a colour poster.

Offline Brandon Sterkel

Looks great, Chris!
Queen Elizabeth 2: A 50 Year Legend!

Offline Chris Frame

Offline Lynda Bradford

The conference organisers are very kindly working with our publisher to get some flyers at the event for people to get easy access to the book.

We would be happy to have a flyer on the book in the delegate packs at the conference. Chris the person delegated the task to contact me about the flyers has not done so.  I copied you into an email reminder today, maybe you would like to follow this up. 
I am proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Bob C.

Would it be possible to have the books themselves at the conference?  I'd pick one up there.

Offline Lynda Bradford

Would it be possible to have the books themselves at the conference?  I'd pick one up there.

Sorry Bob the event committee made the decision not have items on sale on the day.  As you can imagine we had quite a few request to have items on sale.  We made the decision that we did not want to be responsible for handling payments etc.
www.qe2event.com

Offline Bob C.

No worries Lynda.  I'll keep checking for the book here on this side of the pond.

Offline Chris Frame

We would be happy to have a flyer on the book in the delegate packs at the conference. Chris the person delegated the task to contact me about the flyers has not done so.  I copied you into an email reminder today, maybe you would like to follow this up.

Thanks!! Insee she had moved on and the replacement person has replied. Thanks so much Lynda.

Offline Chris Frame

They should *hopefully* be in the local Waterstones by then!!

Offline Clydebuilt1971

My copy is ordered  :)

Looking forward to this Chris!!

Gav

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
The jacket cover looks great and very nice to have a special, limited edition available !  June   :)

Offline Malcolm

Has there been a problem with the book? I ordered a copy from Amazon, got an email saying there'd be a slight delay, then one saying a longer delay and now Amazon says "We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date".

Should I try to get it from somewhere else?  ???

Chris - you say that the book is available as a "limited edition which includes a few extras including post cards, a book mark and a colour poster". I assume that Amazon isn't offering them. How much are the limited editions and how do I go about getting one?

Offline cunardqueen

Is there a way to order it via here so credit goes to the QE2 story..?
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline Lynda Bradford

It's available in two versions - standard edition and limited edition which includes a few extras including post cards, a book mark and a colour poster.

I had ordered form Amazon what I thought was the limited edition (with the few extras), but I now see that I have ordered a Special Edition and there is not an option for the limited edition. 

Chris can you confirm what is the standard edition,  the limited edition and the special edition?
www.qe2event.com

Offline Chris Frame

It's available in two versions - standard edition and special edition which includes a few extras including post cards, a book mark and a colour poster.

Offline Chris Frame

So sorry Malcolm and Lynda in my haste I typed limited edition rather than special edition.

There are just the two versions. Standard edition and special edition.

There's nothing we have been told that would explain why there would be a delay.

Has there been a problem with the book? I ordered a copy from Amazon, got an email saying there'd be a slight delay, then one saying a longer delay and now Amazon says "We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date".

Should I try to get it from somewhere else?  ???

Chris - you say that the book is available as a "limited edition which includes a few extras including post cards, a book mark and a colour poster". I assume that Amazon isn't offering them. How much are the limited editions and how do I go about getting one?

Offline Malcolm

There are just the two versions. Standard edition and special edition.

But how do we tell which we've ordered? Amazon is charging £25.00 at the moment; is that the price for the standard edition?

I've just looked at Amazon and they are also offering one at £40.00. Is that the special edition?

Offline Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
Dear Members,

I have added links to both versions of Chris's new book to our shop.  If you purchase through this way, it will cost you the same, but the forum will get a very small percentage each time too.

https://www.theqe2story.com/QE2Shop.php

I'm afraid It is too complicated for me to also have links for other Amazon regions.

- Rob
Passionate about QE2 for 35 years.

Offline Chris Frame

Thanks Rob!

It's off the print now - here is the first copy!

Offline Chris Frame

But how do we tell which we've ordered? Amazon is charging £25.00 at the moment; is that the price for the standard edition?

I've just looked at Amazon and they are also offering one at £40.00. Is that the special edition?

Hi Malcolm,

The £25 is the standard ed. and the £40 is the special ed.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
Thanks so much, Rob, for adding Chris and Rachelle's book to The QE2 Story Shop.  I look forward to obtaining my copy !

June   :)

Offline Trevor Casey

I will be trying to get my hands on Mr. Frame's book!
"I stand for freedom of expression, doing what you believe in, and going after your dreams."-Madonna

Offline Chris Frame

Thank you June and Trevor  :D  your support is very much appreciated!!
« Last Edit: Aug 29, 2017, 01:11 AM by Chris Frame »

Offline Chris Frame

Here is what the Soecial Ed. looks like:

Offline Trevor Casey

Here is what the Soecial Ed. looks like:

It looks awesome! So anxious..
"I stand for freedom of expression, doing what you believe in, and going after your dreams."-Madonna

Offline Lynda Bradford

I am still awaiting the Special Edition of the book, Amazon have sent a revised delivery of the book to be with them between 2 to 6 September, which is a week beyond the original time.   Not sure what the problem is with the publishers release date not being on schedule.
www.qe2event.com

Offline Malcolm

I am still awaiting the Special Edition of the book, Amazon has sent a revised delivery of the book to be with them between 2 to 6 September

I've got mine already! I thought Amazon got it out really quickly. It arrived whilst we were away, Amazon put it through our letterbox and it was waiting when we got home. (Although I've to admit that I've been so busy since our return that I haven't even removed the plastic cover  :-[)

Offline Lynda Bradford

I've got mine already! I thought Amazon got it out really quickly. It arrived whilst we were away, Amazon put it through our letterbox and it was waiting when we got home. (Although I've to admit that I've been so busy since our return that I haven't even removed the plastic cover  :-[)

Yesterday I got a message to say the Special Edition would be delivered on 6 September.  Lesson to be learned, not to pre-order from Amazon!
www.qe2event.com

Queen Mary 2 17th-27th May 2015 British Isles 175YR Anniversary

Started by tdicksonBoard Past Events

Replies: 2
Views: 506
Last post Apr 26, 2015, 07:52 PM
by Rob Lightbody
Live from RMS Queen Mary 2 for the 175th anniversary voyage to Halifax

Started by TwynkleBoard RMS Queen Mary 2

Replies: 0
Views: 688
Last post Jul 02, 2015, 10:23 AM