Author Topic: Willums list of shipmates  (Read 1990 times)

Offline Willum

• QE2 Crew member
  • Caronia Diner
  • R/O and er, guitar picker.
Willums list of shipmates
« on: Feb 25, 2016, 10:22 PM »
This brain-trawling list is limited to those officers I sailed with on QE2 that I remember from 1978 to the end of Steam 1987, there will be gaps and those I miss I hope you'll pardon.  Here goes, and thanks for memories..................

Radio
Don Butterworth, Allan Holmes, Phil Marriott, Chris Connerty, Peter Hughes, Ian Hamilton, Jim Barlow, Brian Martin, Willum, Alan Marsden, Peter Wright, Ciaran Ward, Jeff Boardman, Mike Dainty, Brian Miller, Alan Burbidge, Alan Swain, Denis Duggan, Sandy Dunn, Freddie Brown,  Fred Tordoff. Mike Rossiter, Greg May, Terry Pardoe, Gordon Fry, Clive Russell,

Deck
Captains, Arnott, Hehir, Ridley, Hall, Hasell, Portet, Harvey Smith, Ron Warwick, Keith Stanley, Peter Jackson, Robin Woodall, Alan Bennell, Nick Bates, David Pope, Pat Chandler, Iain Taylor, John Scott, Gerry Salter, Chris Haughton, Chris Balls, Derek Sisson, Bob Hayward,John Robertson, Phil Rentell, Paul Jowett, David Owen, Phil & Roy Hyde-Linaker, David Hawker, Simon Dowden, Ron Bolton, John Carroll,Dan Robinson, David Perkins, Malcolm Scanlon, Nick Hodgson, David Carr, Bob Hawkins,

Medical
Nigel Roberts, Henry Bodsworth, Alan Kirwin, David Holroyd, Jane Yelland, Chrissie Owen, Debbie Cree, Libby Morgan, Eve Tytherleigh, Lisa Middlemiss, Keith Mason,  Michelle Gunther, Barbara Plaistow, Jane Levine, Angela Eddlestone, Andrew Eardley, Mike Hardy, Wendy Lister, Linda Ranford, Cathy Rocke, Angie Welsby, Pauline O'Dowd, Julie Hunt, Sue Millar, Ian Reekie, Noel Digby, Sue Dibley, Elaine Godfree, Tina Callow, Mike Beeny, Sarah Murray,

Hotel
John Bainbridge, Jimmy Shakespeare, John Sawyer, Bryan Vickers, Phil Law, Pat Fison, Eric Brown, Tim Castle, Cliff Morris, Terry Foskett, Frances Milroy, Lynne Waring, Pauline Sleigh, Dienne Ginn, Nigel Rigg, Paul Holmes, Alan Dutton, Rupert Ballantyne, Ian Burrell, Harry Smith, Robin Bowie, Robin Davies, Gordon Phillips, John Duffy, Charlie Turnell, Chris Flather, George Mayhew, John Pullinger, John Hewison, David & Jamie Luke, Karl Winkler, David Hamilton, Jackie White, Frank Prowse, Tony Kinsella, Ron Kelly, Charlie Murray

Engine & Electrical
John Grant, Stan Child, John Chillingworth, Ron Bateson, Jack Marland, Willy Farmer, Brian Gregory, Tony Lee, Norman Smart, Ray Tyler, Rod Fair, Jimmy Hayes, Billy Noble, Martin Kay, Clive Meek, Bob Hunter, Bob Robinson, Angus Horsburgh, Jimmy Wheat, Tommy Goode, Jim Bartlett, Glyn Owen, Bill Healey, Keith Gulliford, Spike Milligan, Bob Cobain, Phil Avery, Paddy Hanvey, Alistair Harman, Chris Tweedale, Jeff Jeffries, Vic Goodall, Terry Kearney, Steve Thackeray, Mark Chapman, Mike Millan, Colin Dawkins, Adrian Jenkinson, John Tomlins, Dave Roberts, Dave Dunachie, Dave Ballantyne, Willy Gray, Martin Harrison, Steve Arnold, Graham Thornton, Ken Evans, Eddie Cripps, Steve Konstantz, The Duke Hamilton, Robin Rodger, Peter Paisley, Ray Divett, Jim Bennett, John Grace, Hughie Cameron, John Griffin, Bob Dolley, Brian Orwin, John Anderson, Alan Dale, Richard Kenworthy, John Mills, Bob Spicer, Gordon Hobbs,

Controls & Other rogues
Bob Venning, Gerry Nolan,  Alex Hunter-Robertson, Malcolm Smith, Laurie Jackson, Tug Wilson, Bob Lockwood, Bob Haines, Terry Conroy, Brian Price,Angela Behrens, Bob Wilkinson, John Palmer, Sally Redfearn, Mike Constant, Elaine McKay, Sian Griffiths, Maureen Ryan.

« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2019, 10:30 AM by Lynda Bradford »
Willum

Offline Jim Bennett

Re: Willums list of shipmates
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2019, 09:54 AM »
Ha ha! What a wonderful list Willum - you could put that to music and take it on stage! (Probably been done before though) 😂

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #2 on: Apr 11, 2019, 12:01 PM »
Willum, Hi!

This list is extra-ordinary! It is a lovely tribute to you and your colleagues.
Musically, the great Tom Lehrer and earlier - Gilbert and Sullivan come to mind!

QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #3 on: Apr 11, 2019, 06:52 PM »
This brain-trawling list is limited to those officers I sailed with on QE2 that I remember from 1978 to the end of Steam 1987, there will be gaps and those I miss I hope you'll pardon.  Here goes, and thanks for memories..................   

Did you miss one..Hotel side James D Todhunter...
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline Malcolm Scanlan

« Reply #4 on: Jul 03, 2019, 03:31 PM »
When I joined the QE2 one of the 1st Officers was Chic Lunny - no idea what happened to him.
The Chief Officer was Ben Gunn. Another 1/O was Peter Barber.

Great memory jogger Willum, thank you.

Malcolm Scanlan

Online Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
« Reply #5 on: Jul 03, 2019, 09:09 PM »
I'll bet that Chief Officer had to put up with a lot of Robinson Crusoe based jokes?
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Offline Kevin McGhee

« Reply #6 on: Jul 05, 2019, 01:07 PM »
I sailed with Willum for many years but missed the list. From pre maiden voyage, 1968, (I was waiter, PRS and bartender. I switched to SFO as Public Room Manager in 1985 and resigned in 1987. For most of this time I was fortunate to work under John Duffy and Frank Prowse.  Regards.