Author Topic: 2014 Archive - "QE2 and the Weather" January Photo of the Month Competition (closed)  (Read 2473 times)

Online Lynda Bradford

This Month's Theme is "QE2 and the Weather".

Legend of the Seas, the winner of the October Photo competition, has chosen the theme "QE2 and the Weather" for the January competition.

This topic could include some nice stormy shots, stormy skies or even good weather conditions.  Photos could have been taken onboard QE2, featuring parts of the ship or taken from shoreside showing the ship in particular weather conditions. 

As we intend to use Sunrise and Sunset for a future competition we would prefer that you did not submit these themes on this occasion. 

The album is open, so now is the time to look at the pictures there and to find your best three photos to upload and enter.

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=88

The prize for the lucky winner is a copy of Carol Thatcher's book "Forty Years Famous" donated by Cunard.

See more details here: https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,4234.msg45030/topicseen.html#msg45030

The deadline for submitting photos is 31 January, 2013.  Voting will run from 1 February 2013 until 28 February 2013.

We are looking forward to seeing your photos for this month's competition.

Thank you and good luck!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 10:55 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Twynkle

This sounds a wonderful opportunity - at last there might be a place for the funnel-in-fog - it's been waiting for just this moment!
(fingers crossed i can make the post work without pestering Lynda, yet again
she's been so long-suffering - Thank You, L)!)
QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

Online Lynda Bradford

This sounds a wonderful opportunity - at last there might be a place for the funnel-in-fog - it's been waiting for just this moment!
(fingers crossed i can make the post work without pestering Lynda, yet again
she's been so long-suffering - Thank You, L)!)

Rosie it is never a problem to help Forum members upload photos for the competition. If you need help just send the photo to admin@theqe2story.com and I will help if I can. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

Twenty-eight rather interesting photos have been added to the Gallery competition album.  Maybe you have a winning photo that you would like to add before the competition closes on Thursday 31 January. 

www.qe2event.com

Offline PaulInuk

• passenger and crew at sametime
  • Mauretania Diner (Late Sitting)
how do you send photos i got lots inc isabel she,s never seen them and one of me in my whites in 1994[chef,s outfit]in old lido kitchen now wash room for plates etc
paul

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

how do you send photos i got lots inc isabel she,s never seen them and one of me in my whites in 1994[chef,s outfit]in old lido kitchen now wash room for plates etc

Paul, thank you for offering! To start with, could you please select up to three pictures showing QE2 in visible weather conditions (storm, snow, fog, etc -- or even beautiful sunny weather), which we could enter for you in the photo competition?

Please email these to <admin@theqe2story.com> and I shall upload them to the Gallery for you.

This is quite urgent, as entries for the competition close on 31 January, and the pictures have to be in the Gallery at that stage. Have a look at those already there :

After that, you could send to the same address up to three photos of QE2 at sunrise or sunset, as this is the theme for the February competition :

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=91

Looking forward to seeing them!

Offline PaulInuk

• passenger and crew at sametime
  • Mauretania Diner (Late Sitting)
hi i,m not worried about a competion just want to put photos on,nothing is simple on a computer, i have a few funnel pics,i,m also waiting to hear about qe2 so i can book a room hopefully itsgoing to be in hong kong i can kill 2birds with one stone, see my chinese friends as well
paul

CUNARD announce new non smoking policy for 2014

Started by tdicksonBoard Cunard

Replies: 4
Views: 2432
Last post Aug 30, 2013, 08:53 PM
by cunardqueen
QE2 Story Gathering - May 31st 2014, Liverpool

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard Past Events

Replies: 244
Views: 65547
Last post Jun 21, 2014, 03:58 PM