Author Topic: How about having a meeting of the QE2 Club aboard the QM2?  (Read 8686 times)

Ocean Liner Fanatic

This is an idea I came up with.If it is possible that some of us if not all of us can have a meeting aboard the QM2 probably for next year on a transatlantic crossing.We can call ourselves the QE2 Club.Of all the times I have been aboard QE2 or QM2 I always saw the notices that say Friends of Bill W or Dorothy meeting in whatever public room aboard ship.Any thoughts? Regards,Jerry
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2009, 06:28 PM by Rob Lightbody »

Offline QE2_MATTHEW

Re: How about having a meeting of the QE2 Club aboard the QM2?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2009, 09:19 PM »
Who's friends of Bill.w? Well if i can afford it a trip on QM2 would be great. I would love to go around spreading the word of the QE2 club

Top idea
Im free...

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2009, 09:37 PM »
Who's friends of Bill.w?
I doubt if you are, and l most certainly am not ;D
It used to always be a topic of conversation at dinner. The devil in me suggested to one of our table guests that Bill W was the first captain and perhaps he should go along and join him for a drink, which he did the next day, turns out he arrived a early and wanted a drink, and was most surprised that he wasnt allowed a drink, the bar man gently advised him who Bill W was, he took it all in great fun and told us the tale during dinner that night.
 Friends of Dorothy, well........ l have yet to meet her in person, but she does throw great parties ;) but to hear some folks tales of who Dorothy is, does make for interesting listening and a quiet smile
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline QE2_MATTHEW

« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2009, 09:48 PM »
Dorothy to me is one of the Golden Girls, ::) along with Blanche, Rose and Sophia (ma')

;)
Im free...

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2009, 10:04 PM »
Matt
So which one are you??
A friend of mine likened to me to Blanche, lm not sure if l should be offended or pleased , the jury is still out on that one ???
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline QE2_MATTHEW

« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2009, 10:13 PM »
Im Blanche, DEFO... sassy and classy
Im free...

Offline Kindlychap

« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2009, 12:15 AM »
This is an idea I came up with.If it is possible that some of us if not all of us can have a meeting aboard the QM2 probably for next year on a transatlantic crossing.We can call ourselves the QE2 Club.Of all the times I have been aboard QE2 or QM2 I always saw the notices that say Friends of Bill W or Dorothy meeting in whatever public room aboard ship.Any thoughts? Regards,Jerry

I've been on QM2 twice (don't stone me please) and each time on embarkation I wore my QE2 tie. I shall do the same again in May...
Matthew
RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 - Sic Transit Gloria Mundi

Offline Andy F

« Reply #7 on: Feb 27, 2009, 01:17 AM »
I've been on QM2 twice (don't stone me please) and each time on embarkation I wore my QE2 tie. I shall do the same again in May...

No need for the tar & feathers treatment Matthew (that's reserved for QV lol!), but anything that keeps the memory alive can only be a good thing in my book!   I shall continue to wear my selection of QE2 t-shirts with pride (although not at embarkation you understand!)

PS. Just between you and I, you may need to start warming the black stuff though, for it may be needed someday soon... ;)
« Last Edit: Feb 27, 2009, 01:20 AM by Andy Fitzsimmons »
Start every day with a smile and get it over with

Ocean Liner Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: Feb 27, 2009, 03:41 PM »

No need for the tar & feathers treatment Matthew (that's reserved for QV lol!), but anything that keeps the memory alive can only be a good thing in my book!   I shall continue to wear my selection of QE2 t-shirts with pride (although not at embarkation you understand!)

PS. Just between you and I, you may need to start warming the black stuff though, for it may be needed someday soon... ;)
Concerning the Queen Victoria and the new Queen Elizabeth coming into service next year,it is too bad that Cunard/Carnival is using what is really a Holland-America cruise ship design which is the Vista Class Cruise Ship design for the Queen Victoria and the new Queen Elizabeth instead of what they really should have done which is use an updated version of the QE2 design.Regards,Jerry

Offline andyh

« Reply #9 on: Apr 13, 2009, 03:42 PM »
Did I miss what the answer was to who Bill w was ?  ??? ;D

Offline Malcolm

« Reply #10 on: Apr 13, 2009, 05:29 PM »
I shall continue to wear my selection of QE2 t-shirts with pride (although not at embarkation you understand!)

No, Just on formal nights  ;D

Offline Malcolm

« Reply #11 on: Apr 13, 2009, 05:30 PM »
Did I miss what the answer was to who Bill w was ?  ??? ;D

Friends of Bill W is the AA meeting.

Offline Andy F

« Reply #12 on: Apr 13, 2009, 06:56 PM »
I shall continue to wear my selection of QE2 t-shirts with pride (although not at embarkation you understand!)

No, Just on formal nights  ;D

Lol and rather fetching they are too, especially when combined with a black tie.  Shame about the cufflinks though... ;)

Offline 3QueensGirl

« Reply #13 on: Apr 14, 2009, 09:29 PM »

Love the idea... Aren't we on the same EB voyage in June? We could give the whole thing a head start!!!

Offline Andy F

« Reply #14 on: Apr 14, 2009, 11:29 PM »
Not a bad idea Jerry.  Am currently in the process of trying to book a T/A for next August.  Nothing confirmed as yet but watch this space...
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2009, 12:51 AM by Andy F »

Hauke Schröder, as a cook aboard the QE2 1993-1994

Started by hauke-sBoard QE2 Officers & Crew & Workers Introductions

Replies: 8
Views: 3062
Last post Apr 08, 2014, 09:52 PM
by Alan Snelson
Was anyone aboard in...

Started by QE2_MATTHEWBoard Passenger & Enthusiast Memories

Replies: 11
Views: 5740